3.31.2010

{Letting her Cry it Out}

About 3 weeks ago Oceana was like a new born baby waking up 3-4 times at night!!  I know she is not in pain, because all she wants is boobie! She takes a few little drinks and goes back to sleep, and she wakes up at the same times every night, So that tells me she is just programmed to wake up at those times every night, not so much that she is hungry, but because she is use to it, and mommy is willing to wake up and give her boobie.

I decided just to let her cry it out, as hard as it was hearing her cry it was the best thing, beacause now she sleeps through the night!!!  (now mommy can get her beauty sleep!) The first night she cried for almost an hour!! That was extremely hard, but at the same time I was so tired that I would dose off hahaha. The second night she only cried for about 10 minutes and went back to sleep. The third night she slept through the whole night!! Ever since then she has been sleeping pretty much all night, Oceana wakes up at about 5am to eat, but she will go right back to sleep and wake up again at 9am!! This totally works for me, I can't complain!

3 comments:

  1. Yep, sometimes letting them cry it out is the best thing, that seemed to work great when we put Isabella in her big girl bed, it only took 2 nights and she started sleeping through the night...with the acception of one week that she had nightmares. But other than that she has slept through the night in her big girl bed. She took the change from the crib pretty hard at first but got used to it! Do the girls sleep in their own room now, or are they in your room?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that you are getting some sleep now!!! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. I have had to do that to Jordan a few times for various reason and it always seems to work even though it is so hard. Tough love is sometimes the best answer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!! <3 them!