8.03.2011

From 2 to 3

Boy, have I been busy! 3 little girls under the age of 4 can keep you on your toes.

This new transition has been a little tough for me, more then the transition from 1 to 2. From Raychel to Oceana was actually pretty easy. I adjusted to having 2 real quick! Now, 2 to 3 is BUSY, and to be honest some days can be overwhelming. There are times when they all want something at the same time. Raychel will want me to play with her, while Oceana will want me to fix her a snack or get her some juice, while little Madison is crying because she is hungry, and the cycle keeps going till bed time. Some times these days can just get to me and I feel overwhelmed, specially, when I don't get much sleep at night.

Madison is an OK sleeper. Oceana was actual the best out of all three of them. Oceana slept for 4 to 5 hours straight the first days/weeks then she went to 6 to then 8 hours! Now, she is at 12! Madison on the other hand sleeps for 3 hours then wakes to eat and sleeps for another 2 1/2 and wakes again to eat, and it just keeps going like that the rest of the night. So, during the day somedays... like i said... can be overwhelming. All in all, I know its just a season and it will get easier in time, and I am beyond happy to the mommy to these 3 precious girls!! I cant believe God gave me these girls to watch over and raise them!

On another note... I never realized how much I can do with just one hand! I will be breast feeding Madison while changing a diaper, changing Oceana or Raychel's clothes, putting the girls their shoes on, lifting Oceana up, txting, typing, getting snacks/lunch for the girls, and feeding myself. Talk about multi-tasking!!     

Love my babes!
{lol none of them were ready for their picture to be taken}

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are one busy but talented mom!!! This picture is so priceless, love raychel's expression:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will make post pardum set in like crazy, that no sleep, surviving, thing. Sounds like you are doing an amazing job though. Beautiful girl's, content looking husband....maybe have grandma come get the big ones for a couple of hours so you have a breathing moment? Just a thought.....I'm so impressed you got yourself on here to post. You multitasker you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to call you but I know you are super busy. I'm thinking about you and praying for you... I know it is wonderful to have them all but also must be very tough and hard to get through at times. You are so strong and an amazing mom! I'll call ya soon... Love ya girly!!! Please let me know if you need ANYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Momma I love hearing your honest description of your transition to family of 5. I appreciate honesty and I can only imagine how tricky and especially exhausting it must be!! I think I always hear that the first 6 months with a new addition is the most tiring and then a new rhythm is figured out. I pray for more sleep for you soon!! Daisy was a horrible sleeper for so long and being sleep deprived is AWFUL! Hang in there sweet friend and CONGRATS on your new addition!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such an amazing mama! I will be praying for you, sleep will come soon :)
    I love the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl...I am totally feeling you on this post...only with 2. Maddox is so needy right now I feel like there are days I barely get to give Ryder the attentions he needs. I can't imagine having 3!! I do agree...it is just a phase so I'm trying to still love every second b/c they will grow up faster than ever!! You are doing an awesome job with all that multi tasking!! Love that pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can only imagine how tired you must be! Praying it gets easier for you and the exhaustion subsides so you can enjoy each day with your girls! "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest."- Matthew 11:28

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh woman! I'm so proud of yoU! You are doing an amazing job. Gosh, I remember those sleepless nights like it was yesterday. I'm thinking about you and praying for you mucho.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The transition will take some time. It's very different having new additions but God knows you are a strong woman. Before you know it everything will go so smoothly. I've been thinking about you lately and want to come visit when the times right. :)

    I think when your a mother multi-tasking becomes your middle name. LOL! Some days I think to myself, "WOW did I really just do that". Kind of makes you giggle!

    Take care hun, love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful family!!! Your girls are darling :)It's cool to read about how God has been blessing you!
    I'm following <3
    follow back?

    xo Karisa

    http://abeautifulmess-karisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!! <3 them!