10.19.2011

Prayer is Like Going to the Gym

  Before I had my girls, after work m-f , 7pm to be exact, I would head to the gym to work-out. Some days I couldn't wait to get on that treadmill and lift some weights, and others I had to push myself to go. On the days I felt lazy and not wanting to go but pushed myself anyway, I felt so good and was glad I pushed myself, because after I left the gym I felt so much better physically and mentally. I would have regretted not going, then going. Going to the gym makes me feel good about myself physically and mentally. It helps me to stay healthy, active, and energized. But, in order to feel and see a difference you have to be committed to going at least a few times a week. You will not feel or see a difference if you are only going once, twice, or three times a month.


 Picture from Pinterest

Prayer is like going to the gym... I get lazy to start praying sometimes, and sometimes I'll just cut my prayer short and say something fast and simple like... "Thank you Lord for my family, thank you for watching over us and providing for us. thank you for my girls, watch over them and keep them safe, Amen." {a short prayer is better then no prayer at all.} Then I go to bed or I go on with whatever else I am doing. But, the times that I do feel lazy but keep at it in prayer, my words start to come out stronger and powerful as I am declaring it in the name of Jesus. After a strong, and heart felt prayer, I feel so freeing, joyful, and peaceful that I am so thankful that I kept on praying instead of cutting it short. It feels like my prayers reached the heavens! This is why prayer is like going to the gym. I can get lazy, but when I take the initiative and go/pray, I feel great afterwards and glad that I pushed myself to go/pray. 


Picture from Pinterest

Prayer is like going to the gym, because You have to keep at it to see or feel a difference in the way you look and feel. Not just by going one day is going to make a difference {well... the prayer that will make a difference is the first... and that is... excepting Jesus Christ into your heart/life}. Praying on a daily basis will strengthen you spiritually. You feel so much more connected to our Heavenly Father and even the more by reading God's word! God is a God who listens and he will give us the desires of our heart, we just have to be faithful, keep in prayer, and believe. If you feel your prayers are not being heard or answered to not get discouraged, keep pumping those prayer muscle and you will see that in God's perfect timing your prayers will be answered!!

Ephesians 6:18

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.

Philippians 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus"


1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus"

James 5:16
"…The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective"


Romans 8:28
“We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.”

John 15:7
But if you stay joined to me and my words remain in you, you may ask any request you like, and it will be granted!

Romans 8:26-27

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.


4 comments:

  1. Great post : ) And I absolutely love your new banner picture-you guys as well as the background are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Amazing ! Its the power of believing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this great reminder, Miss Olga!! I am committing to workout my prayer muscles everyday, starting today, and I am excited to see my "muscles" grow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen Sister!!! I so agree with you. I've realized this the past month so much I don't think I have ever been on my hands and knees with long words then I have and it does make such a difference. God wants to answer prayers he just has to hear them first.

    Great scriptures!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!! <3 them!