10.15.2011

A week without texting, checking e-mails, and going on the computer

 
I was feeling overwhelmed these last couple weeks.

I felt that I wasn't doing a good job on being a mother for my girls.

I felt blah.

I felt.. in a sense... lost.

I felt so disconnected from everything.

I felt disconnected from God.

All I wanted to do was to get away for a whole day and be with my husband and God. And that is exactly what I did.

Ray and I went to the beach last Sunday.

There is something so beautiful and so freeing about the beach.

Ray and I sat there and looked out at God's beautiful work. We layed on the sand in quietness hearing the wonderful waves splashing.



Ray napped in the sand while I put my feet in the cool water. I talked with my wonderful maker letting Him know how I been feeling and that I need more of Him in my life. I needed Him to give me that extra strength to be the best wife and mom I could be. Once my lovely husband woke from his nap we prayed together and headed on out.

I told Ray that I was going to take a whole week without going online, texting and checking e-mails {my little retreat}. I felt that I need to focus more on God's word, my girls, and my hubs and not be distracted by texting someone or checking my e-mails or going on the computer.

This past week went great! On not having to text, check e-mails or go on the computer. It was nice that if anyone wanted to reach me they just called me. I actually loved it so much better then texting! Its so nice to hear the persons voice instead of seeing a text. I loved the calls I would get from friends and family just to say hi, since they knew I wouldn't respond to text. Ray and I always text through out the day, so each time he would want to text me he called. I loved hearing my phone ring with his calls through out the day.

By not texting, checking e-mails, and or going on the computer, I played and listened more carefully to my girls. I played with them as if there was no tomorrow.

I talked with my heavenly father and read His word every morning, and prayed through out the day.

This was exactly what I needed. I needed to focus 100% on God and my family, and it was a blessing. I will defiantly be doing more of these on a monthly basis. I believe God sometimes gives you more then you can handle, because if we were able to handle everything on our own then maybe we wouldn't seek of Him all that much. But he gives us more then we can handle so we can learn to trust in Him and to seek Him and He will bring us help/rest.

Mathhew 11:28
 Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.



6 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! Love listening, and responding to the Father!
    Beautiful post, girl. We could all learn something from eliminating more and more things from our life. Simplicity draws us nearer to Yahweh. I am learning that more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you did this, but I missed you, wondered where you went. Nice to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea. I love how strong you are Olga. I'm the same way - I would much rather talk to someone on the phone then text. Love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of you for listening to yourself and doing what you needed to get the refreshing that you needed for your soul. I think taking a week from the internet and text world is a fantastic idea and would really ground a lot of us over busy momma's out in the truth. So awesome that you two enjoyed a nice day at the beach! I want to do that with my hubby;0

    ReplyDelete
  5. So wonderful. I love that you did this! More people need this! you are wonderful and I can't wait to see what God has in store for you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go on girl! Your heart was trying to tell you something and you followed with it. What a great and wonderful thing to bask in the great things God gives us. A lot of times we all take advantage of the great works of God and get lost.
    This shows you are such a strong woman of God and your family. You didn't let anything distract you. Amen to that. We each could learn from this if we haven't already.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!! <3 them!