1.23.2012

I have a little treat... meet Ashley!


This girls is so crafty you can totally learn a thing or two from her!! Ashley, thanks for sharing Rustic Living with us!


Hello! My name is Ashley from over at Rustic Living. First let me say how grateful I am to be a guest here on Our Extraordinary Life!



I was blessed to have been raised on a farm in southern Idaho. Consequently, I'm a country girl that loves to wear flannel, bargain-hunt, say "dag-gummit", eat meat and potatoes, and get my hands covered in paint. I have a great appreciation for all things "rustic", furniture and home decor that has an antique or distressed look to it. Some of my favorite pieces to refurnish are dressers and rocking chairs. I also love to pinch pennies! I find my furniture and other treasures at garage sales, thrift stores, consignment stores, auctions, even items tossed to the side of the road! I love the story of how my grandmother found some old apple crates in a junkyard in the summer of 1949 and proudly turned them into a cupboard for dishes, complete with curtains. Her and my mother inspire me to continue our joy of turning trash into treasure and to glorify God with the talents He gave us!



In August 2011 I created the Rustic Living blog. I felt like I had something worth sharing, but I'm not gonna lie... I was so scared to do it! I still feel like a little girl with a paintbrush who has no idea what she's doing but it makes her happy so she does it anyways! This is just one of the many amazing aspects of blogging. The opportunity to share my hobby with the "internet world" and receive so much support and encouragement is truly a blessing. It also allows me to connect with people who share the same passion and interests that I probably would have never met otherwise. I love how willing woman are to share their talents and secrets!



Thanks for taking the time to read a little bit about me. Feel free to take a gander on over to Rustic Living and see what project I'm currently working on or my recent thrift store treasure! Have a great day!



Thanks again, Ashley!! Isn't she amazing?! Now, go on and check her blog out!!

4 comments:

  1. I love hearing about new (to me) bloggers! Looking forward to checking out her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how awesome! will definitely check it out, this is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will check out her blog thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!! <3 them!