1.19.2012

Sometimes it gets Worse Before it gets Better

 
  The day before Thanksgiving, Ray bought me a simple pretty necklace, and some how it got tangled up really ugly. As I try to untangle this necklace I start to get very frustrated because its not coming undone, its actually getting worse! I asked Ray, "Hey... babe? Can you please help me untangle this? I am getting very frustrated!" I then hand it over to Ray and he tries to untangle it for a while but no success. So, I go at it again. I really wanted to wear it the next day for Thanksgiving so I wasn't going to give up.

 Again, I start to get very frustrated with it, so I began to ask God, " God, please help me get this thing untangled!" I went back at it and that's when I felt God saying... sometimes things/situations get worse/harder before they get better... but with my help and the peace I bring will help you through. He wasn't necessarily talking about my necklace, but about life in general. He was teaching me through this necklace {Lord knows I am a visual and hands on learner}. As I continued to untangle this necklace I was no longer frustrated and I took my time untangling it. 3 hours later... no joke... it took me 3 HOURS to untangle this thing! But, It got untangled!! I am sure if I hadn't felt God speaking to me, I would had totally given up! 3 hours, come on now -ha!

 The same thing goes with life troubles... things may feel like they are getting worse instead of getting better, but have no doubt, that if you trust in God and His timing, things will surly get better! He is walking beside you every step of the way, whether you feel His presence or not He is there guiding you through the process... He will strengthen you and it will get better, way better then better! Your joy will be even GREATER then your suffering/situation! This is for His Glory! Trust in Him, ALWAYS! He does the extraordinary!

Oh!! And the necklace?! I sure did wear it on Thanksgiving!! And I loved it all the more ;)... shoot 3 hours... come on now... I better have loved it all the more lol!

Blessings***

This was right at the end. This necklace was so bad it was tangled up in a ball! I am not even exaggerating, it was that bad!


 Thanksgiving Day!


For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
-2 Corinthians 4:17

Let be and be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted in the earth!
-Psalm 46:10 amp

I will never leave you nor forsake you... have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
-Joshua 1:5,9

12 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post, and from the pictures on the side your family is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes sis God will guide us.. Love Psalms " Be still and know that I am God" so powerful!! Love you sis!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you wrote sister that is amazing !!! Made me want to cry.. its so true things get harder at times before they reach the point of peace.. and only The Lord can do that...beautiful sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! It is so very true....everything is in God's timing. And as bad as the bad is the good is worth it. Side note: never heard from you about Tuesday...hope you and the girls are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! I love that your a follower of the lord!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true, girlfriend.

    The best thing for me when I'm frustrated it to sit back... say a prayer... and wait. It is amazing what God can do.

    I Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 hours? Say whaaaat? Lol, seriously though, it's little things like this ... little meaningful moments ... that truly make me smile :) He is everywhere. Behind everything. Trying to guide us. Teach us. And if teaching you for 3 hours, through a cute necklace is a sure way to reach your heart ... you best believe he's going to reach you that way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this post Olga, what a great message! I love how you consulted God in something so little but He was able to teach you something BIG through it. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Olga, I love when the Lord teaches us things thru simple scenerios such as this one. He will never leave us nor forsake us...always there, alway the same yesterday, today, and forever, this we can COUNT on, we have this blessed assurance that He is mine an I am HIS! Great lesson learned, love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. really needed to hear this today. thank you for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, after that amount of time I'm glad to hear you were able to untangle it. I couldn't agree with you more..God wants us to put our whole hearts in him..to listen and be steadfast at his works. You are an amazing woman, glad God can work through your life to show others. Thanks for sharing girl!!

    <3 ya!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great lesson to learn from a necklace! That is an amazing observation. It is so great that you have a willingness to learn from something so simple. I hope that I am taking time enough to pay attention to what God wants me to learn. You are a beautiful mama!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!! <3 them!