2.29.2012

Sleep? What's That???


Seriously, I don't know what its like to sleep 2 full hours straight anymore.

Madison is driving me insane! She wakes up every hour crying. I wake up every hour crying too lol.

I feel like I have aged so much more in these 4 days/night then in my whole life time. I look scary.


Oh, Madison! What is going on with you sweet baby girl. I pick you up and  nurse you, but you only take a few little drinks, so I don't think you are all that hungry. I think your problem is that you want to be held! If I put you back in your crib when you are not fully asleep you get so mad and start kicking and screaming/crying I have to pick you back up again and try to calm you down. When you're in deep sleep then I can put you down and your fine, but as soon as mommy is finally falling into deep sleep, there you go again. I know we are in a new place, and you are teething, but I am not sure these are the reasons why you are waking up. I do know that the grandparents started rocking you to sleep, and now it seems like that's all you want because when I do rock you, you stop crying. During the day you do the same. You love being held and when I put you down to play with your toys you'll cry, sometimes you wont and you'll play happily. What I need to start doing is holding you less through out the day and for the grandparents to stop rocking you to sleep!



Any other suggestions?? You would think this being my third child I would know what to do, but I don't.

Awake, I dream about how AMAZING 3 hour sleep must feel like. I miss you SLEEP!!! Come back soon, please! This mama needs you or else I will be feeling and looking like a 60+ year old woman.

PS I don't really like asking my mom or the hubs to help because I feel as a SAHM its my responsibility to get up with her at night, and it doesn't bother me getting up, I just really wish I didn't have to and she would sleep through the night! So, I am on a mission to figure out how to get this girl sleeping through the night!! HELP ME!! suggestions, please!!

Note: if this post doesn't make sense and its all over the place it's because I have only gotten 8 hours of sleep in 5 days ;)

Oh! on another note... i was featured over at Kelsey's blog here :)

18 comments:

  1. Eeek you poor thing! My son just turned 2 and has been the best sleeper since birth and is now starting to wake up 3-4 times a night screaming......it's driving me insane.....praying you find some solution and some rest soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Olga! I'm so sorry you haven't gotten much sleep :( I'm not a momma (except to my puppies), so I don't have any tips but I sure can pray for you and your sweet baby and that you both will have some peaceful sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have children (yet) so I don't have any advice... but I can let you know that you look a lot better than I would without sleep!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa what a bummer! I don't have much suggestions though, sometimes when my baby cried at night I would ignore it then it only lasted for about one or two minutes anyway! So it helped if I didn't run to her room right away. That's all I got! Hope things get better soon!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Olga, I am so sorry! I remember how hard it was at night. I wish I had some advice, I pray that you are able to get some rest soon, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, so right after I pushed "publish" I had a thought, could she have an ear infection? Abby would eat just a little then stop when she had an ear infection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thinking about you and praying. I hope everything is okay and that you and Madison get relief soon. I already called you with my thoughts ;) I hope that helps hun. I love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no!! That's so rough. Maybe she's going through a growth spurt and is more hungry than usual? And the teething will definitely affect her.. maybe that combined with moving and all the change is bound to make the little ones feel out of sorts for awhile, I imagine. I pray that it gets better fast!! Mamas need their sleep!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel your pain.. 14 months worth! My daughter did that every.single.night. until recently. She would go to sleep fine, I could put her down awake, she just wouldn't stay asleep. I recently started giving her 1 nap at noon..which she only sleeps about an hour, then we start bedtime routine at 5:30 (bath, dinner, books, sing/rock her, put her down) ..when she goes down it's still early, 6-6:30 but since I started putting her down that early she's been sleeping 12 hours! We also put a humidifier in her room that runs all night and that seems to help too.It's amazing to finally SLEEP! Try Hylands teething tablets right before she sleeps also.. they are homeopathic and work great. Hope that helps, I know how frustrating it is! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. bless your heart girl...i didn't get much sleep last night and it is hard...i can't imagine 5 days in a row. Prayin she sleeps tongiht.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The book The Sleepeasy Solution is great!! It helped me get Jonah to sleep through the night in only 5 nights!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh girl I feel your pain!! ): Maddox was doing the same thing awhile back - I used the book Happy Baby Healthy Sleep Habits with Veyda and then again with him. Its hard to do at first but soooo worth it. I had to let him cry it out - the longest he cried was 28 minutes (seemed like 28 hrs, i hated it) but after that one time of letting him cry - I lay him down awake & he maybe fusses once if at all then takes wonderful naps and sleeps well at night. I make sure to put him down while he's awake too. The book is by a well known and admired pediatrician Marc Weissbluth.

    (Also, if you decide to try the CIO method, maybe get her ears checked first. Maddox did have an ear infection and I didn't know it.)

    Good luck, girl. I'll be praying for you!!! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you sweet ladies for all your prayers and your help to get me back to sleeping!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry! I'll be praying you get sleep this weekend. Your baby girl is precious but i can't imagine how frustrating this must be! Good luck to you : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. sleep deprivation is THE worst. i am so, so sorry! do you think she could be teething? when my boys were teething they were up all.night.long.

    aside from that, i totally recommend "the no cry sleep solution". it worked wonders for us. both boys are really great sleepers and nappers now. good luck, i know it's so hard! :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally get how you feel.
    my kids NEVER Sleep.
    thank you again for appearing on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh yuck. Have you gotten any sleep yet or figured out any tricks yet?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Olga, I have been praying for you! From experience living with my parents and with Jay being home with Bri'elle, she did a similar thing and our only guess was because she was getting held too much and hold too much attention (I didn't think that was possible). We had to stop it immediately, not sure if that's what Madison is going through but it's worth a try to not allow everyone to hold/rock her as much and see if it makes a difference.

    I really home sleep will find it's rest on you girl! You need a break :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!! <3 them!